in-home cooking classes, personal chef service and specialty desserts
Glorious Gourmet PCS, LLC
It's the Season for Chocolate...
Try your hand with different flavors of Truffles!
12 ounces dark chocolate -- chopped
12 ounces unsalted butter
12 ounces granulated sugar
12 ounces heavy cream
1 tablespoon liquor -- See below under Flavors that can be added
- Combine sugar, cream and butter; heat to boil in a 3 qt saucepan, and remove from heat.
- Add the chopped chocolate to the saucepan with the hot cream, stir until chocolate is melted. Cool. When cool, add the liquor as desired (see below).
- If you want to make different flavored truffles, divide the chocolate mixture in equal portions into steel bowls. Using flavors below, stir into chocolate mixture
- Cool mixtures in refrigerator until hardened about 30 minutes.
Flavors that can be added:
- 1 T rum and 1/2 tsp instant espresso made into a paste
- 1/2 tsp fresh orange zest and 1 T Grand Marnier
- 1 T honey and 1 tsp pulverized crystal ginger
- 1 T kirsh and 1 tsp dried cherries minced fine
- 1 T cognac (optional) 2 tsp nut pralin (1/2 sugar, 2 T water cook on stovetop for 5 min until becomes golden brown, add the desired roasted nuts (1/4 C), shake pan to coat nuts , then turnout onto a lightly oiled baking sheet; let harden. Pulverize with mallet)
TO FORM TRUFFLES:
- With a spoon, divide the mixture into little balls the size of an olive and set onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Then, roll each in the palm of our hand (the shape does not need to be perfectly round); try to not over handle as the chocolate will melt too quickly. When finished forming into round shapes return to refrigerator to reset firmness.
- To coat in cocoa, just roll the formed truffle in to cocoa to coat. To coat with a melted chocolate, spear the truffle with a toothpick and dip in the melted chocolate and place the toothpick into a styro foam base; refrigerator to solidify the coating.
COATINGS: Good grade dutch chocolate cocoa, melted milk chocolate, white chocolate or semisweet chocolate
From private in-home cooking classes to personal chef services and specialty desserts, Glorious Gourmet PCS will customize the service to fit your needs.
THIS WAY TO FINE DINING ...
Wish you could cook easy, healthy meals for your family and friends but don't know where to start? Chef Gloria offers customized individual and group cooking classes in the convenience of your home. The classes are interactive and offer a great opportunity for a party with friends, children's party, or a special event. Or, you may simply want to enhance your cooking skills and learn some new culinary cooking methods to liven up your meals.
Don't have time to prepare healthy dinners for your family or yourself. Chef Gloria offers custom personal chef services that includes personalized menu planning, meal preparation in your home, and storage of the meals for you to enjoy at your convenience.
Need a special cake or dessert for a Birthday, Anniversary, Wedding, Holiday or a Special Occasion, Chef Gloria will customize the dessert for the occasion.
Interested...visit the rest of the my website to find out more!
Welcome to Glorious Gourmet PCS!